Corporate Title: Client Reporting Trainee
Department: Client Reporting, Operations
Reporting Line: Client Reporting Manager
Revised Date: May 2019
Janus Henderson Investors is a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for clients through a highly diversified range of actively-managed products.
We support our individual and institutional investors across a range of products, encompassing equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives.
We are a team of independent and creative thinkers who work tirelessly to help our clients achieve their goals – and we do it by supporting a high-energy and collaborative culture that ensures our people love the place they work.
Janus Henderson is a truly global manager with US$357.3bn1 of assets under management. We have a diverse geographic footprint, employing over 2,000 staff in 27 office locations globally. Headquartered in London, we are dual-listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Australian Securities Exchange.
1Janus Henderson pro-forma AUM as at 31 March 2019
The department consists of 2 teams: Performance and Client Reporting Services with the following responsibilities:
- Formal measurement of the investment performance of all of Janus Henderson’s funds on a regular basis and production of performance reports, attributions and portfolio analysis information for use by multiple departments.
- Production and issuance of Institutional Client Reporting.
This specific role is within the Client Reporting team.
What you will learn
You will gain an excellent overview of Janus Henderson and how various departments work together to achieve common goals, as well as a sound understanding of the role of Reporting Services. You will gain an in depth knowledge of Asset Management and the various products Janus Henderson has to offer its clients.
What you will be doing in more detail
You will work alongside senior members of the Institutional Client reporting team and assist in the production of a variety of client reports and ad hoc queries for Janus Henderson’s Institutional European client base. This will involve:
- Working as part of a team that manages the co-ordination and production of Institutional client reports which must meet set timeframes and client deadlines.
- Learn and assist in the production of a multitude of both manual and automated reports. You will be keen to learn understand the systems and processes with a view to being able to work autonomously and take ownership of these reports. These will include but not limited to;
- Monthly accounting reports
- Quarterly investment reports
- Annual Investment reports
- Bespoke Client specific reports
- Other relevant reports and information e.g. Commission Reporting
- Audit requirements
- Ad hoc reports and valuations as requested
- Liaise with key stakeholders; Performance, IT, Client Services, Fund Management, Sales Channels and answer report related queries.
- Review and sense check reporting output before sign-off.
- Liaise with third parties such as BNP Paribas to ensure technical support is received on all issues.
- Investigate and answer queries that arise from reports and other information requests produced for both clients and internal departments.
- Review and pro-actively contribute to improving processes such as writing and updating process documentation.
- General office duties such as filing archiving and publishing reports.
What we are looking for
- Knowledge of investment products & markets would be helpful
- Strong IT skills – Microsoft – Excel, PowerPoint, Word. Experience using VBA preferable but not essential.
- Organised, confident, decisive and enthusiastic to learn and progress.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of an effective team as well as working autonomously.
- Understand the need to establish effective objectives and priorities as well as management of expectations.
- Good attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop and strive to take on new tasks.
- Prepared to build on understanding of investment markets, knowledge of conventional and specialist investment funds, products and structures.
At a minimum the role will require you to:
- Place the interest of Janus Henderson’s Clients first and always act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
- Understand and follow laws and regulations applicable for your role, seeking the help of your supervising manager or Compliance if you would like further explanation or direction regarding this
- Understand and abide by all Janus Henderson policies applicable to your role, and ask for the support/guidance of the policy owner if you are unsure at any time
- You are ultimately accountable for your actions and responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Janus Henderson Investors (including its subsidiaries) will not maintain existing or sponsor new industry registrations or licenses where not supported by an employee’s job functions (as determined by Janus Henderson Investors at its sole discretion).
All applicants must be willing to comply with the provisions of Janus Henderson Investors' Investment Advisory Code of Ethics related to personal securities activities and other disclosure and certification requirements, including past political contributions and political activities. Applicants’ past political contributions or activity may impact applicants’ eligibility for this position. Janus Henderson Investors is an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. All applications are subject to background checks.