Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Are you interested in solving computer vision problems that involve massive video data sets from millions of cameras, hundreds of thousands of on-demand videos or thousand channels of live TV? Do you have experience in building large-scale computer vision and machine learning system? Do you want to conduct industry-leading research in content analysis technologies and real-time and cloud computer vision algorithms to create smart digital homes and help millions of households discover and interact with video and music content on their TV, PC, Phone, and Mobile devices?
If yes, come join the Comcast Applied AI group. We are an innovative research group within Comcast's Technology & Product organization with offices in Washington, DC, Silicon Valley, Philadelphia, Denver and Chicago that does groundbreaking research to support the development of novel Deep Learning and Computer Vision based products for Comcast's 22+ Million consumers.
We are currently looking to hire a principal researcher with experience in conducting cutting-edge research in AI and Machine Learning applied to the Computer Vision and/or Media Analytics domains. The ideal candidate will have experience working as a technical lead in an industry, government, or academic lab setting on artificial intelligence and machine learning projects.
The position will be in Washington, DC. We feature an informal, open atmosphere, and cultivate a start-up culture with the backing of a Fortune 50 company. To better serve our community, we believe the diversity of our team should reflect the diversity of our customers.
- Developing new algorithmic solution and technical requirements of custom designs for future products and applications.
- Leading research in one or more of the following areas: Deep Learning, Computer Vision, and Video Analytics.
- Working with other Technical Leads, Product Managers and Business Partners to lead development of prototypes that demonstrate Research work, help with Product Discovery and integrate research output into engineering code base.
- Working with various team members both within and outside Research. Ensuring timely progress of work. Conducting research in an incremental manner thereby enabling faster integration of technology into products. Evaluating prototype systems, write technical papers, and helping with technology transfer.
- Keeping track of developments in field both in academia and in industry. Attending relevant conferences and publishing research results is encouraged.
- Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics, related technical discipline, or related industry experience; PhD preferred.
- 10 to 15 years related experience after Bachelor’s degree
- 8 to 11 years related experience after Master's degree
- 5-8 years related experience after PhD
– Strong publications on computer vision and deep learning, including but not limited to video analytics, object detection/recognition, and event/activity recognition. Candidates with top conference publications are preferred (e. g., ICCV/CVPR/ECCV/NIPS/ICML/ICLR)
– Strong programming and software development skills, and familiarity with C/C++, Python, deep learning frameworks (Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe), and edge or cloud based computing.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer