Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
This intermediate level position analyzes and interprets tax regulations and prepares required tax reports performed in accordance with current legislation in order to meet the company's tax obligations and objectives.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares tax returns, tax declarations, and other required reports to ensure on time and accurate submissions under general supervision
- Prepares forecasts and models for various tax accounts
- Performs analysis of various tax accounts
- Prepares correspondence with external tax agencies and consultants (for example, auditors)
- Examines current processes for potential audit exposure areas and formulates plans to minimize exposure
- Maintains tax information and records
- Prepares individual tax adjusting entries for inclusion in the quarterly income tax provision
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job Specific Skills
• Intermediate knowledge of accounting principles and practices
• Working knowledge of relevant tax codes and rules
• Ability to analyze current and potential processes in consideration with state and/or federal tax guidelines
• Intermediate knowledge of tax research tools
- Minimum: High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree - from accredited university - Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Preferred: Other - CPA
- Minimum: 2 - 5 years related work experience
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Chesapeake Energy Corporation's (NYSE:CHK) operations are focused on discovering and developing its large and geographically diverse resource base of unconventional oil and natural gas assets onshore in the United States.