Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
Information Governance Leader will lead and manage an adaptive governance program that aligns to emerging digital business scenarios and will have responsibility for improving the value of the data. The position will focus on establishing and ensuring adherence to an enterprise data governance framework for data policies, standards and practices, both at the department and Business and Functional areas level, to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection to empower Digital Transformation at scale.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Build and develop a shared understanding, a common language, and a set of approaches to data and information management that are modern, integrated, cohesive and agile.
- Be part of an integrated data team working to build and an enterprise data and analytics layer of a digital business fabric that will power intelligent business processes.
- Champion a data-driven culture by enabling information to be accepted as an asset, and making data-oriented behaviors pervasive in people's roles.
- Develop KPI's to measure strategic data advancements.
- Modernize Master Information Management and Metadata strategies to allow for scalability.
- Establish an Enterprise Information Governance Council.
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture to ensure a modern and scalable AWS based enterprise data platform.
- Partner with other Intelligent Operations teams to ensure rapid value delivery.
- Enable business leaders to identify, develop, inventory, catalog and introduce data products as well as other methods of data monetization both internally and externally.
- Develop methods of, and create new roles for, gauging information's quality, performance and value to help focus and prioritize business and IT's investments.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise
- Develops DOIT business and resource plans that support both the long-term and the short-term objectives of the department.
- Manages areas of responsibility within approved budgets and staffing levels. Prepare management reports as needed.
- Provide on-the-job training, performance assessment, coaching, motivation, and counseling to employees to encourage optimum performance and continued skill development. Effectively plan and manage the organization and utilization of people and technology.
- Reviews, approves, and/or maintains departmental administrative records and reports such as: timecards, vacation requests, status changes, and expense reports.
- Reviews business processes for continuous improvement in procedures through optimum utilization of systems and personnel.
- Participates in department operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Provides direct and indirect supervision of personnel. Participate in decisions involving hiring, promotion, compensation administration, and termination of employment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Skills
- Expect high degree of competency in these CHK competencies: Integrity & Trust, Customer Focus, Drive for Results and Peer Relationships
- Functional & Technical - Demonstrate expert understanding of systems applications, hardware, software, and company specific applications / processes
- Problem Solving - Expert troubleshooting and ability to use logic to find hidden problems and look beyond the obvious
- Listening/ Informing - Expert ability using English to communicate written and verbally with all levels of co-workers, customers and external contacts. Expert phone skills and presence
- Priority Setting - Expert ability to manage time and prioritize projects to meet established deadlines
- Organizational Agility - Expert ability to get things done across organizational boundaries and culture
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Expert ability to make good decisions and take action with incomplete information
- Knowledge of administrative procedures in order to prepare and maintain reports, budgets, and administrative records as required
- Ability to assign, delegate, and direct the work of others
- Ability to provide on-the-job training, performance assessment, coaching, motivation, and career development to employees
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and the coordination of people and resources
- Able to show flexibility in response to change and adapt to and accommodate new policies, procedures, and technology
- Ability to ensure all employees are operating within all Chesapeake, state, and federal guidelines, policies, and regulations
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree - from accredited university
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree - from accredited university - IT, MIS, Computer Science, Data Management, Data Analystics, BI or related field
- Minimum: 8 - 12 years related work experience
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Chesapeake Energy Corporation's (NYSE:CHK) operations are focused on discovering and developing its large and geographically diverse resource base of unconventional oil and natural gas assets onshore in the United States.