Buckman is a privately held, global specialty chemical company with headquarters in Memphis, TN, USA, committed to safeguarding the environment, maintaining safety in the workplace, and promoting sustainable development. Buckman works proactively and collaboratively with its worldwide customers in pulp and paper, leather, and water treatment to deliver exceptional service and innovative specialty chemical solutions to help boost productivity, reduce risk, improve product quality, and provide a measurable return on investment.
Buckman is searching for a world-class leader in Global Strategic Sourcing to manage our global sourcing program and drive savings on global spend. The right individual will have a proven track record initiating and managing continuous improvement and strategic sourcing initiatives that impact the root causes of cost, leading global procurement work groups and providing critical support for global supply chain, R&D, manufacturing and marketing. An exhibited ability to be an industry leader in strategic planning, forecasting, risk evaluation and industry trend analysis to ensure cost savings initiatives are met and best practices are implemented will be required.
- Managing multiple, complex projects
- Self-motivated and Self-directed
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship skills working with teams
- Exceptional creative communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to be persuasive on complex and controversial topics
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents
- Process manufacturing industry sourcing and supply chain of 5+ years
- Exhibited cost improvement/spend reduction history
- Proven track record of managing global supplier relationships
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university
- Area/Major/Discipline: Business, technical or similar that compliments and supports procurement and supply chain management.