Marketing & Promotions Coordinator
College of Engineering & Applied Science
UNIVERSITY of CINCINNATI
The university boasts a student body of over 45,000 enrolled in over 370 programs of study and is the region’s largest employer with over 15,000 faculty, staff and student workers. The University of Cincinnati is ranked as one of America’s top 26 public research universities by the National Science Foundation. U.S. News has ranked UC in the Top Tier of America’s Best Colleges. Cooperative Education (co-op) had its founding at UC in 1906, and is required for all engineering undergraduates.
The College of Engineering and Applied Science at the University of Cincinnati is seeking two Marketing and Promotions Coordinators that will be responsible for the implementation of marketing plans, development of promotional material, planning of events, and special projects.
The position’s main duties include but are not limited to:
- Serve as a writer for the College of Engineering and Applied Science marketing department, producing marketing copy and feature stories.
- Coordinate Engineer of the Month, Research News, and other regularly scheduled promotional projects.
- Lead or assist in social media communication, promotion, and advertising.
- Lead or assist with college events like student and new faculty orientation, and guest speakers.
- Determine program schedules, deadlines, etc.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need.
- Assist with the design, layout and writing of promotional materials.
- Monitor, track and evaluate results; recommend changes.
- Compile, update and report marketing data related to advertising and marketing programs.
- Perform related duties based on college and departmental needs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree with three (3) years of experience; -OR- Associate's degree with five (5) years of experience; -OR- seven (7) years of experience. Degree must be in Communications, Education, Graphic Arts, Liberal Arts, Marketing or a related field. Experience must be in development and implementation of marketing and advertising plans. Experience may also require at least one (1) year supervision.
Application Instructions: Interested candidates must apply online at jobs.uc.edu (Req Id 23348). Online applications must include a resume and cover letter, uploaded to your application. References must be provided upon request. Review of applications will start on October 30, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
This position will be a professional position paid at an hourly rate.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
SF:OMJ SF:OOD SF:RM SF:INS SF:INS