Buckman is a privately held, global specialty chemical company with headquarters in Memphis, TN, USA, committed to safeguarding the environment, maintaining safety in the workplace, and promoting sustainable development. Buckman works proactively and collaboratively with its worldwide customers in pulp and paper, leather, and water treatment to deliver exceptional service and innovative specialty chemical solutions to help boost productivity, reduce risk, improve product quality, and provide a measurable return on investment.
Establish and maintain inventory stocking levels for multiple external warehouse locations, ensuring customer satisfaction. Monthly reconciliation of stock. Coordinate with Manufacturing, Planning and Logistics to schedule stock transport orders in a timely manner. Analyze slow moving inventories and determine the appropriate disposition prior to expiration. Work closely with suppliers to meet material requirements, reporting any deficiencies and risks. Identify cost savings and continuous improvement opportunities and recommend actions to Management. Other duties, as assigned.
- Inventory management vocabulary
- Knowledge and proficiency in SAP
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Mathematical skills
- Forecasting skills
- APICS Certification a plus
- Two to four years of related experience or training
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a four year college or university, with a concentration in Business or Operations Management