Buckman is a privately held, global specialty chemical company with headquarters in Memphis, TN, USA, committed to safeguarding the environment, maintaining safety in the workplace, and promoting sustainable development. Buckman works proactively and collaboratively with its worldwide customers in pulp and paper, leather, and water treatment to deliver exceptional service and innovative specialty chemical solutions to help boost productivity, reduce risk, improve product quality, and provide a measurable return on investment.
The Group Manager will manage associates to be added to the Smart Products Laboratory. The position will be responsible for the hiring, development and leadership of these associates. Other responsibilities include providing customer service support for the field, technical guidance and participation on the Global Product Technology management team.
- Managing multiple projects
- Self-motivated and Self-directed
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Understanding of laboratory operations, equipment and methods
- Minimum of 3 years managing direct reports preferred
- Smart Product development experience preferred
- More than 2 years of engineering experience required
- Appropriate industry experience preferred (Pulp/Paper, Water, Leather)
- Technical problem solving
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university
- Area/Major/Discipline: Mechanical, Computational, Electrical engineering or related field.