Buckman is a privately held, global specialty chemical company with headquarters in Memphis, TN, USA, committed to safeguarding the environment, maintaining safety in the workplace, and promoting sustainable development. Buckman works proactively and collaboratively with its worldwide customers in pulp and paper, leather, and water treatment to deliver exceptional service and innovative specialty chemical solutions to help boost productivity, reduce risk, improve product quality, and provide a measurable return on investment.
The development of profitable new technologies and products, which supports new and existing business in the Pulp and Paper industry, primarily in the Packaging sector. This will include, but is not limited to, the development of Strength Additives, Drainage aids, Felt wash products, Sizing agents, Stickies control and Barrier coatings for Packaging grades.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong foundation in Paper Science, including the associated laboratory techniques, manufacturing processes and product lines used in the Packaging Industry
- Creation of scientific knowledge through the development of new technologies and laboratory methods
- DOE (Design of experiment) and data interpretation (lab and field)
- Project management and Lead Scientist leadership skills
- Knowledge in developing new products that meet global environmental and sustainability requirements
- Team player
- Troubleshooting, problem solving and sales team support
- R&D product development and field application experience in the Paper industry, specifically in the Packaging area
- Industrial experience in developing new products and scale up to manufacturing
- Ability to complete complex R&D projects
- Project leadership on global project teams while maintaining a diverse project portfolio
- Laboratory method development, technical/patent research and customer interface
Ph.D. with 3 years’ relevant experience preferable, but M.Sc. with a minimum of 5 years’ relevant industry experience is acceptable.
Discipline: Wood Science, Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Biology, Biochemistry, Paper Science.