Buckman is a privately held, global specialty chemical company with headquarters in Memphis, TN, USA, committed to safeguarding the environment, maintaining safety in the workplace, and promoting sustainable development. Buckman works proactively and collaboratively with its worldwide customers in pulp and paper, leather, and water treatment to deliver exceptional service and innovative specialty chemical solutions to help boost productivity, reduce risk, improve product quality, and provide a measurable return on investment.
The Industry Specialist will be responsible for the development and growth of Buckman Packaging business within North America. This includes developing relationships and prospecting new accounts in the vast Packaging industry, growing existing business and assisting with the implementation of new technologies and products. The mentoring aspect of this position is also very important and the candidate’s ability to coach/train our salesforce on improving their packaging skills will fall under this position responsibility.
- Managing multiple projects
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship skills
- Chemical and process knowledge of Packaging mill operations
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Packaging operations knowledge
- Chemical sales
- Technical problem solving
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering. Relevant industry experience will be considered.
- Having Lean Six Sigma abilities would be a plus