The Lane Construction Corporation is a leading U.S. construction company specializing in the transportation, infrastructure and energy industries. Lane’s unique combination of capabilities includes public-private partnerships/innovative financing and joint ventures; large, complex design-build and bid-build projects; and the ability to produce and install asphalt, aggregates and concrete.
We are looking for a MOT (Maintenance of Traffic) Engineer to supervise and maintain traffic within the limits of the project.
Including but not limited to:
- Schedule MOT Crews (subcontractors & self-perform) in a manner that maximizes each crews’ ability to set multiple closures and accomplish other tasks as needed.
- Hire, staff and assist training MOT crews.
- Coordinate with equipment department/mechanics as necessary to keep MOT vehicles running properly and prevent crew down time/delays.
- Ensure compliance with contractually specified closure times to avoid fines.
- Supervise daily closure inspection and daily inspection reports
- Compile reports and maintain records for audit purposes.
- Inspect entire project regularly for compliance with all TCP’s and MD SHA Standards (Concrete Barrier, Water Barrier, Attenuators, Reflectors, Pavement Markings, Pavement Conditions, Long Term Signage, Detour Signage, Pedestrian Detours).
- Monitor/inspect crews for proper lane closure sequence/procedure.
- Notify AHJ of upcoming closures in accordance with the TR’s.
- Order and special signage required for detours or TCP’s.
- Knowledge and familiarity with MD SHA Temporary Lane Closure specifications and typical applications.
- Knowledge of company and OSHA safety requirements for personal protective gear related to lane closure and maintenance of traffic work.
- Ability to coordinate multiple closures and crews across several jurisdictions making sure proper permitting requirements are adhered to.
- Ability to forecast manpower needs across multiple shifts and project Areas.
- Track costs for equipment, personnel, materials, and subcontractors.
- BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent construction experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in heavy/highway construction
- SHA (State Highway Administration) Temporary Traffic Control Manger
- Ability to read and analyze plans
- Interpersonal skills necessary to attend, participate, and/or present in meetings, and to coordinate work on daily basis with governmental agencies/personnel
- Familiar with grading, drainage, paving (asphalt and concrete), bridge construction, retaining walls, and all other highway construction scopes
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Teamwork and leadership skills
Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.