LP Building Products is a leading global manufacturer of engineered wood products. At LP, creating new solutions for building is who we are. Since we pioneered our first engineered wood product, we’ve been continually creating better products to fit the changing needs of the building industry.
LP’s values-driven, positive culture creates an environment where talented and hardworking people thrive in a safe, ethical, fun, challenging and rewarding place to work. For more than 40 years, we’ve developed careers and provided advancement opportunities in the building products industry.
To procure low cost, high quality and timely raw materials for mills, including purchasing timber/materials, coordinating delivery, overseeing contractors, and administering contracts. Provides advice and training to less experienced Procurement Representatives. Works autonomously and may be sole Resource Procurement person at mill.
- Negotiate and purchase materials.
- Analyze raw material data and assign values.
- Develop and administer contracts, bids and reports.
- Oversee contract personnel; ensure all aspects of contract(s) are followed.
- Research, review and administer titles and maps, including reviewing legal description for accuracy, location & boundaries, and access.
- Review tract compliance by ensuring log lengths, utilization standards and BMP compliance.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, land owners and contract personnel.
- Track and forecast inventories.
- Plan and manage budget.
- Coordinate and lead special projects and work teams as assigned.
- Provide advice and training to less experienced Procurement Representatives.
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations
- Perform other duties as necessary
Skills, knowledge, abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of forestry principles, wood quality, timber marking, and harvesting equipment.
- Basic knowledge of contracts and legal terms.
- In-depth knowledge of product specifications and pricing.
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Good project management skills.
- Ability to read and interpret compass, maps and aerial photographs.
- Ability to identify key market indicators and understanding of market trends.
- Ability to operate a variety of heavy equipment.
- Drivers License required
- Bachelor’s degree in Forestry or related area required.
- 3+ years’ forestry procurement experience
- 2 years’ supervisory experience.
- Or any combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- Outdoor environment subject to elements of nature
LP offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including health and welfare benefits, 401(k) program, career mobility, tuition reimbursement, volunteer opportunities, profit sharing and more.