LP Building Products is a leading global manufacturer of engineered wood products. At LP, creating new solutions for building is who we are. Since we pioneered our first engineered wood product, we’ve been continually creating better products to fit the changing needs of the building industry.
LP’s values-driven, positive culture creates an environment where talented and hardworking people thrive in a safe, ethical, fun, challenging and rewarding place to work. For more than 40 years, we’ve developed careers and provided advancement opportunities in the building products industry.
Supervises the hourly shift crew to ensure the safe operation of the boiler and related equipment to supply the plant's energy requirements.
Ensure safety of all employees and contractors within the department by driving continuous improvement towards a true safety culture. This includes supporting all corporate safety programs; developing SOP’s, identifying and eliminating hazards, and enforcing all safety rules.
Supervises and trains shift personnel in the safe and efficient operation of the boiler and related process equipment for the supply of energy for mill requirements
- Assumes responsibility for all steam supply and condensate returns to all areas of the operation.
- Assumes responsibility for all Power Plant operations and acts as designated Chief Engineer
- Operation of water treatment equipment and oversees water treatment program to ensure limits and parameters for boiler, condensate and cooling water systems are strictly adhered to per chemical action plan while on shift
- Responsible for the maintenance of various tasks and projects
- Maintains environmental standards and ensure applicable rules and regulations are in compliance.
- Assists with scheduled shut downs in a support role or assigned as a team leader
- Maintains adequate records as required by Company and external regulatory agencies
- Complies with Boilers and Pressure Vessels Act at all times
- Maintains daily records, logbook entries, accurate production records and tabulation of monthly reports.
- Ensuring that duties are performed safely and efficiently, including personnel from other departments as well as Contractors
- Responsible for supervision of facilities maintenance employees
- Act as a relief supervisor for maintenance department as required
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations
- Perform other duties as necessary
Skills, knowledge, abilities:
- Knowledge of license and permit conditions
- Familiar with Government and other regulatory agencies
- Demonstrated supervisory skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel and Word
- Skilled in distributed control systems
- Familiar with all power plant systems and equipment
- Second Class Power Engineer Certificate recognized in Nova Scotia, Canada
- Extensive operating experience in all areas of a power plant
- Experience with a Maintenance background
- Supervisory experience
- Solid fuel fired boiler experience
- Knowledge of process heat exchangers and flash steam recovery systems
- Experience with Natural Gas systems considered an asset
- Or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- Plant Environment. Ability to work in a variety of settings where maintenance work is performed.
LP offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including health and welfare benefits, career mobility, tuition reimbursement, volunteer opportunities, profit sharing and more.