Eby-Brown Company, LLC, one of the largest suppliers in the convenience distribution industry, is seeking strong candidates for an Infrastructure Analyst II opening at its corporate office located in Naperville, IL. The Infrastructure Analyst will function as a technical resource and participates in a variety of analytical and technical assignments that provide for problem diagnosis and solution documentation, implementation, administration, support, and maintenance of a variety of hardware, software, and network products in an information technology infrastructure environment. This role will report to the Manager of IT Infrastructure Operations.
Essential duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Serves as a resource point for Tier II escalation from Service Desk and the ticketing system.
- Provides on site or remote access diagnoses and resolution of computer hardware and software problems.
- Researches, analyzes, develops, and documents new processes and procedures to implement new solutions for use by IT Technicians to meet future problem resolution needs.
- Develops guidelines and upgrade techniques for new operational procedures for the support of applications, hardware systems, operating systems software, network systems software, security and client server systems.
- Maintains, implements, and provides technical support of applications and associated hardware used in a client server environment
- Participates in after hours, holiday, and on call service rotation.
- Develops specifications as well as training and knowledge transfer to detail what new systems or enhancements to existing systems can accomplish.
- Develops operational, installation, and upgrade procedures, to be used by other staff, for communication systems, hardware, network, security, storage and software.
- Serves as a liaison between other technical staff, management, users, and vendors regarding service requests, usage, standards, security, and other technical matters.
- Develops and documents structured diagrams for the specifications of applications, communication systems, servers, storage area networks, security or any other computer related hardware or software as required.
- Converts and implements new systems or upgrades existing systems in conjunction with the Engineering team.
- Evaluates, implements, and provides customer support for third-party software systems in a client server environment.
- Participate in or lead the problem and root cause analysis in support of problem management.
- Reconcile issues across support teams to improve incident management process.
- Ensure customer support service issues and concerns are handled appropriately and in a timely manner through effective incident support processes.
- Ensure operational support documentation is complete and accurate.
- Support continuous improvement programs in response to support service metrics, customer feedback and process efficiencies.
- Receive and respond to advanced troubleshooting telephone calls and service requests that have been escalate from the service desk.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field. In lieu of degree, 4 additional year’s work and/or general infrastructure work experience may be considered.
- 4-6 years of support experience.
- Experience with NOC tools such as Solar Winds, ticketing systems, and ITIL standards.
- Experience with Cisco networks / routers, SAN storage.
- Advanced Level of knowledge regarding applications such as Exchange, SQL, Lync.
- Understand various backup technologies and implementation of backup solutions, including tape backup procedures and recommend architectural changes to support effective file recovery and to facilitate the company’s disaster recovery plans.
- A working knowledge of PCs and server related equipment, cabling systems, wiring schemes and data communications.
- Experience working within extremely tight deadlines.
- Windows technologies and Networking
- Advanced knowledge of MS Servers. MCP or higher certification preferred.
- Advanced knowledge in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge with Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, SQL databases
- Knowledge with Cisco networks / routers.CCNA preferred
- VMware, server hardware, and storage
- VMware / VCA certification or higher preferred.
- SAN storage and Networking (EMC, VNX, UCS)
- Site Recovery Manager (SRM)
We offer an excellent compensation package which includes:
competitive salary including additional performance based compensation, Health/Life/Dental/Vision, 401(k)
As the 3rd largest distributor in this industry, our customers cover the eastern half of the United States, and are supplied from our eight regional distribution centers. Over 120 years in operation, we continue as a family owned and operated company with rich tradition and a fun loving environment, which are still the cornerstones of our success.
At Eby-Brown people make the difference.