Since 1927, Freeman has provided customers with comprehensive services for face-to-face marketing events including expositions, conventions, corporate events and exhibits. Headquartered in Dallas, with more than 70 offices in North America and the United Kingdom, Freeman produces more than 15,000 events annually. Freeman has the ability to assist customers in all aspects of the trade show process, from set-up to take-down and everything in between. An employee-owned company, Freeman places an emphasis on respect for people, providing unparalleled customer service. Freeman has received numerous awards for excellence in the trade show industry.
FreemanXP is currently accepting resumes for an Experience Design Director who will work predominantly on a dedicated account for a leading technology company in the San Francisco Bay Area. In this role, you will lead a team of collaborative and creative individuals who work together to ideate, create, and present unique and inspired experiences. This includes, but is not limited to, developing an overall creative concept for an event, high level art direction, general session stage design, interactive experience development, and helping to dynamically bring the content and key messages to life on stage. Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote and video production are desired, and familiarity and comfort working within Google Apps and Hangouts are a must for project documents and collaboration. Above all else, you will work with the team to see each project through to final design and production for each program and event.
- Be a senior member on a creative team. This includes working with the heads of Creative in FreemanXP to maintain processes and conceptual development on specific event, experience design, and tradeshow programs
- Interface and team-build with the creative staff to ensure fulfillment of client marketing objectives, seamless communication, and quality of deliverables
- Support and drive the creative process
- Strategic client interaction and participation in client discovery meetings
- Establish project objectives
- Develop creative briefs
- Lead the brainstorming process
- Direct the focus on message, content, and experience design
- Adhere to budget and timelines
- Oversee and guide the development of presentation materials
- Represent FreemanXP in client-facing meetings and presentations
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in a creative director capacity of similar role in corporate communications, agency, or production environment. Responsibility in like-size/larger organization(s) for at least 7+ years.
- Understand of all dimensions of communication, business strategy, and experience design, with the ability to translate them into effective integrated marketing programs
- Adherence to Brand guidelines, both client and internal
- Devotion to innovation and emerging technologies
- Proven written, visual, and verbal communications skills
- Previous experience in design, advertising, theatre, or related creative disciplines with a focus on digital
- Fluent with all areas of Freeman service offerings, especially Meetings/Events, Video and Digital Media.
- Event and Experience Design expertise desirable
- Be a demonstrated leader, yet complete team player
- Broad-based exposure to art, design, music, media, and content a must
- Proficient with standard office support programs including, but not limited to the Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office/Outlook, and other software programs as deemed necessary.
- Demonstrated communication skills and writing ability
Freeman is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, veteran status or any other protected status.
Equal Employment Opportunity Poster (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity Poster (Spanish)
The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
Family Medical Leave Act
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act, if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Freeman, please e-mail Freeman.Recruiting@freemanco.com. Emails should be limited to disability-related assistance only and should not be used for any other inquiries.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.