LP Building Products is a Fortune 1000 leading global manufacturer of engineered wood products located in the heart of downtown Nashville. At LP, creating new solutions for building is who we are. Since we pioneered our first engineered wood product, we’ve been continually creating better products to fit the changing needs of the building industry.
LP’s values-driven, positive culture creates an environment where talented and hardworking people thrive in a safe, ethical, fun, challenging and rewarding place to work. For more than 40 years, we’ve developed careers and provided advancement opportunities in the building products industry.
The Operations Planner is a key member of the Dawson Creek Forest Resources Division (FRD) group. Reporting to the Planning Manager and working within a dynamic team of forest professionals, the Operations Planner is responsible for all phases of operational forestry planning. This includes the planning, development and permitting of up to 452,000m3 a year of deciduous leading volume to supply the Dawson Creek SmartSide facility. This position involves a favorable mix of office and field work.
- Personal and Contractor/Consultant Safety.
- Contract supervision of all aspects of forest development such as timber reconnaissance, layout, cruising and site plan development
- Prepare and submit appraisals, road permit applications and cutting permit applications.
- Administration associated with job position (e.g. preparation of budgets, bid packages and contracts. Tracking and reporting of costs, and reviewing invoices)
- Contract negotiation and implementation.
- Liaison with First Nations, area stakeholders and the public
- Liaison with government regarding operational plans and permit/plan acquisition and approvals.
- Complete SFI documents and participate in SFI internal and 3rd party audits.
- Maintain compliance with all legislation and Certification.
- Assist Planning Manager with long term, landscape and higher level plans.
- Coordinate and lead special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- safety conscious,
- working knowledge of ArcGIS and CENGEA/Trimble systems
- working knowledge of ministry software systems such as ESF, ECAS, etc.,
- working knowledge of BC interior cruise system, appraisal system, road and cutting permit system, etc.,
- cost orientated,
- able to work effectively in a fast paced team environment
- Excellent personal and technical communication skills,
- working knowledge of applicable forestry and safety legislation,
- ability to drive in a variety of field and highway conditions,
- Able to work in the field during difficult conditions
- Degree or diploma in forest management or operations
- Currently registered as a Registered Professional Forester (RPF) preferred. Registered Forest Technologist (RFT) designation will also be considered for this position
- Minimum 3 years forestry experience
- Office and outdoor environment subject to elements of nature.
LP offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including health and welfare benefits, career mobility, tuition reimbursement, volunteer opportunities, profit sharing and more.