We’re a global company of thinkers, designers, and doers. Freeman partners with our clients to build a connection with their customers by creating brand experiences that are seamless, innovative, and immersive. From strategy, creative, and digital to logistics and event technology, our teams place the client at the center, helping them connect to people in meaningful and personal ways. What makes us unique is our collaborative culture, intuitive knowledge, global perspective, and personalized approach developed from our 90-year legacy as an industry leader. Freeman connects people to a universe of opportunities that create a spark, build understanding, and inspire action.
Responsible for leading the San Francisco Operations team in conjunction with other FreemanXP offices and Freeman services groups/divisions to develop and execute Industry leading experiential marketing programs globally.
Responsible for maintaining and evolving best practice processes and established tools and systems to insure efficient workflow across teams/accounts to support our business from proposal development through financial reconciliation of completed programs. Includes developing, assembling, and managing Operations and Production teams to successfully secure, execute, retain and grow FreemanXP business. Responsible for leveraging strategic, creative and operational resources (internal & external) and contributing critical thinking that will set our brand and program delivery apart from our competitors. Additional duties include:
- Responsible for driving overall program operations, budget and workflow.
- Develop senior level relationships with clients that position FreemanXP as a strategic partner advisor.
- Overseeing all operations staff and teams from beginning to end of each engagement’s life cycle.
- Mentor and coach more junior members of their teams in an effort to provide growth. Resolve team conflicts.
- Oversee multimillion dollar client relationship(s) with responsibility for budget and profit management, staffing, client satisfaction, prioritization of all deliverables and ensuring quality of work meets agency standards and client objectives
- Develop an engagement strategy and work with the team and discipline leads to execute it, involving people at the optimal levels for project success and overall account utilization (goals, deliverables, schedule, budget, resources)
- Manage program budget profitability by negotiating statements of work and MSA’s, making sure work is delivered on budget, and working with sales to invoice clients according to the proper terms.
- Participate in strategic development of new business.
- Lead the training/mentoring of Production and Event Management staff on FreemanXP and other Freeman divisions methodology and operational/production management skills.
- Advocate digital and social engagement to further brand presence and reinforce personal expertise.
- Manage to and participate in the development and execution of the overarching strategic direction of the division. Ensure operational leadership and adherence to the strategic plan.
- Travel to a variety of programs to meet with teams and see the work being delivered.
- Participate in RFP’s, proposal responses and client interactions for key accounts.
- Improve efficiency and optimize workflow, production and operations by using our internal resources and partner company resources.
- Developing and implementing programs across functional groups and multiple agencies including leading team meetings, keeping and tracking timelines and project logs, and performing general project management.
- Has experience in sourcing and managing all aspects of live events from creative development through execution, including general session and breakouts, expo/tradeshow, exhibit, conference and meeting logistics, message & content, live & entertainment as well as sourcing and managing both US and international vendors.
- Experience in content development (event theme/messaging, speaker support, video, digital/web/social media, mobile apps, live demo…)
- Analyzing current program implementation and operation and makes recommendations for improvement in order to ensure client satisfaction and internal efficiencies
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience in the brand experience industry specializing in creative & strategy, multi-dimensional design and program development and execution for Fortune 500 clients.
- Experience with various projects types, including live event, consumer marketing, web, mobile, video, brand, and strategic consulting.
- Must have the ability to translate the creative concept into a real life brand experience and to define solutions that will generate measurable results for the client.
- Must have strong presentation, verbal and written skills.
- Must have the ability to think quickly under pressure, as well as motivate and engage the team to produce the best possible results
- Proven experience managing million dollar accounts successfully.
- Demonstrated problem solving and challenge resolution skills.
- Diplomacy & tact in challenging situations and in dealing with many personality types and working styles.
- Must have an agile and creative mind and refined aesthetic sensibilities.
- Proven leadership, team-building, and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills (especially contract negotiations) with both clients and partners.
- Proven computer skills in all MS Office programs
- Bachelor’s degree or in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree 8 years of relevant experience
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR EMPLOYEES – PLEASE APPLY TO THIS AND OTHER POSITIONS VIA THE INTERNAL CAREERS WEBPAGE AFTER YOU HAVE UPDATED YOUR EMPLOYEE TALENT PROFILE INFORMATION BY GOING TO THE “Public Profile” DROP DOWN THEN SELECT “TALENT PROFILE “. IN THE TALENT PROFILE SECTION, SELECT THE EDIT BUTTON WHICH IS LEFT OF THE “PERSONAL INFORMATION” TAB. PROCEED TO EDIT ALL SECTIONS OF YOUR TALENT PROFILE BY SCROLLING DOWN THE PAGE. MAKE SURE YOU SAVE YOUR INFORMATION ENTERED. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, CONTACT US BY EMAILING CAREERS@FREEMANCO.COM AND SOMEONE IN TA WILL RESPOND AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE IN SUPPORT. (REFERENCE EMPLOYEE PROFILE IN THE SUBJECT LINE WHEN EMAILING).
Freeman is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, veteran status or any other protected status.
Equal Employment Opportunity Poster (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity Poster (Spanish)
The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
Family Medical Leave Act
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act, if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Freeman, please e-mail Freeman.Recruiting@freemanco.com. Emails should be limited to disability-related assistance only and should not be used for any other inquiries.
Freeman will consider, for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records