We’re a global company of thinkers, designers, and doers. Freeman partners with our clients to build a connection with their customers by creating brand experiences that are seamless, innovative, and immersive. From strategy, creative, and digital to logistics and event technology, our teams place the client at the center, helping them connect to people in meaningful and personal ways. What makes us unique is our collaborative culture, intuitive knowledge, global perspective, and personalized approach developed from our 90-year legacy as an industry leader. Freeman connects people to a universe of opportunities that create a spark, build understanding, and inspire action.
Are you a creative mind who has a knack for design and execution of dynamic experiences? As a Senior Designer with our Freeman team, you will drive the original design and creation of concepts for expositions, events and exhibits - managing all renderings related to the various projects. You will partner and collaborate directly with sales staffs and customers through your unique and innovative thinking. Exceptional ability to communicate verbally with cross-functional internal and external creative concepts to clients or team members. You will also impact this role through:
- Works with Sales Departments to develop design concepts for expositions, events and exhibits, working from notes, sketches and conversations with customers.
- Must be able to demonstrate creativity and the ability to develop original concepts.
- Creates 3 Dimensional designs based on Freeman’s rental systems and/or custom constructed elements.
- Provides finished renderings using CAD, Graphic Design and 3D rendering software.
- Incorporates client-provided branding, artwork, and logos into design concepts or works with Graphic Designers to incorporate client-provided branding, artwork, and logos into design concepts.
- Develops the color rendering and line drawings to assist in pricing and in the production of an exposition, event or exhibit.
- Refines design concepts to client specifications.
- Works with production departments to be aware of current and efficient production techniques.
- Provides line drawings with dimensions and specifications.
- Works directly with sales staffs and customers to create original design concepts for expositions, events or exhibits. This includes knowledge of budget, production, time materials, techniques, etc.
- Serves in a project and possibly a people management role for smaller projects.
- Can generate multiple concepts from minimal information in short time periods.
- Directly communicates with sales staffs and/or customers to present design concepts. Can accept feedback to incorporate into design revisions.
- Investigates and implements new materials, production processes, design trends, etc. into design concepts and shares information with other Designers and departments.
- Works independently. Has the ability to handle all aspects of a project; gathering information from a customer and/or salesperson, creating concepts, refining concepts and assisting production.
- Seeks other inspiration, brainstorming, incorporates outside influences, researches related industries
- Works on nationally significant accounts.
- Works on annual accounts developing a relationship with customers.
- Creates and/or is involved in presentations, whether digital or “live”.
- May travel with accounts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must be able to organize design projects, work on team projects, work on multiple projects at the same time and meet deadlines.
- Must have experience working directly with customers.
- Must be able to handle all aspects of a design project with minimal guidance.
- Must have knowledge of budget, production, and time considerations.
- Proven written and verbal skills necessary to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as show regulations, design request forms and customer notes.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge with Adobe Suite- Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Working knowledge of CAD, AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of 3D Rendering/Modeling, AutoDesk VIZ or 3D MAX
Freeman is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, veteran status or any other protected status. Freeman will consider, for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Equal Employment Opportunity Poster (English) * (Español) * Employee Polygraph Protection Act
The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act * Pay Transparency Policy
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act, if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Freeman, please e-mail Careers@freemanco.com.