Eby-Brown Company, LLC, one of the largest suppliers in the convenience distribution industry, is seeking strong candidates for a Network Engineer at its corporate office located in Naperville, IL.
In general, the Network Engineer will Architect and deploy the overall telecommunications strategies of Eby-Brown (both data and voice) in a cost effective and redundant manner. The Network Engineer is responsible for finding, designing, configuring, developing, and implementing software and hardware solutions to support the Eby-Brown production environment. Network Engineers also contribute towards the implementation of a broad range of large enterprise infrastructure projects and should possess project management abilities. The Network Engineer reports directly to the Manager of Infrastructure Services.
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor network and systems to improve performance (availability, utilization, throughput and latency) and test for weaknesses
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades
- Configure and install various network devices and services
- Select and implement network tools and procedures in conjunction with the company’s policies
- Manage Network Connectivity as Described in Application Network Topology
- Maintain up to date network diagrams and network devices documentation
- Maintain IP scheme and static IP addresses for all sites
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution related to network infrastructure
- Ensure network security and connectivity
- Research and make recommendations on network components
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Design, build, and implement enterprise voice / unified communications environments.
- Providing backup and assistance to Security Engineer.
Required education & skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field, in lieu of degree, 8 years work and/or network engineer work experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in network administration and deployment computer networks
- CCNP with experience in Routing & Switch desired
- Technical knowledge of Cisco, HPE, Juniper, Fortinet, Silver Peak products.
- In-depth experience with IP routing protocols
- Experience with IP and MPLS networking
- Experience with new network topologies as needed, incorporating best practices around WAN/LAN,WLAN, SD-WAN, switching, routing, security and convergence
- Experience with Unified Communications Voice/VOIP Support Engineer - preferred
- Familiarity with Network Security
- Needs to be open to change and drive change opportunities.
- Candidate must be a team player with good customer service skills and the ability to work flexible hours if required.
- Exhibit strong end-to-end troubleshooting skills for system, network or application.
We offer an excellent compensation package which includes:
competitive salary including additional performance based compensation, Health/Life/Dental/Vision, 401(k)
As the 3rd largest distributor in this industry, our customers cover the eastern half of the United States, and are supplied from our six regional distribution centers. Over 120 years in operation, we continue as a family owned and operated company with rich tradition and a fun loving environment, which are still the cornerstones of our success.
At Eby-Brown people make the difference.