Eby-Brown Company, LLC, one of the largest suppliers in the convenience distribution industry, is seeking strong candidates for a Director of IT Infrastructure at its corporate office located in Naperville, IL.
The Director of IT Infrastructure (DoITI)) has overall responsibility for the cost-effective enablement of the technology infrastructure necessary to meet Eby-Brown’s business requirements and objectives. The DoITI is a very “hands on” position that requires up to date technical skills. They will be a direct report to the Chief Information Officer and member of the IT Leadership team (ITLT).
Directing a team of highly skilled and motivated IT Infrastructure personnel, this position will act as the head of all of Eby-Brown’s computing infrastructure thereby providing Subject Matter Expertise (SME) and leadership in all things in IT infrastructure and “security” as it relates to the company’s use of computing technology, network management, SAP Basis Administration, security and governance of data/information, audit, compliance, and all security related policy, procedures, programs, standards, and enforcement.
Essential duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Leads, manages, and monitors the design, development, implementation, support, and troubleshooting of all infrastructure hardware (server and client devices), software, and network products and their relationship with Eby-Brown’s overall computing infrastructure.
- Evangelizes on computing infrastructure and security best practices and industry standards as the resident champion of proactive, responsible, and ever-emerging computing and data security strategies.
- Stays abreast of IT infrastructure technology trends and advises (to include putting together appropriate business cases) as appropriate to facilitate their adoption.
- Hires, train, coaches, mentors, and performs succession planning for all of Eby-Brown’s infrastructure technology personnel.
- Has fiscal responsibility for all IT infrastructures budgeting and actual to budget performance.
- Is responsible for business continuity and disaster recovery design, planning, development, implementation, monitoring, and execution (if necessary).
- Ensures that all IT infrastructure related technology, data, audit, compliance, disaster recovery, and business continuity initiatives are completed on schedule and on budget.
- Ensures that all active Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) with Corporate and the plants are successfully adhered to with an ongoing effort to continuously improve and enhance IT Infrastructure’s performance.
- Designs, develops, implements, monitors, and drives successful computing audit and compliance programs, policies, and initiatives.
- Evaluates, recommends, and monitors all of Eby-Brown’s hardware and software computing infrastructure, telecommunications (to include network) infrastructure and security related technology, vendors, and business partners (outsourced services, hosting, etc.). Partners with the CIO in the negotiations of the larger, more complex IT Infrastructure Agreements to include purchase, license, maintenance, hosting and lease agreements.
- Develops and monitors key Infrastructure metrics.Use benchmarking studies to assist in the creation and performance of these key metrics.
- Provides production support (including on-call after hours support) to ensure that all critical and high severity Infrastructure problems are addressed and corrected in a timely manner so as to not affect Eby-Brown business operations..
- Fully support and champion the Eby-Brown Treehouse rules.
- Travel is up to 20%.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and over 10 years of diverse “hands on” IT Infrastructure design and implementation experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA is a strong plus.
Strong and current IT Infrastructure staff management experience to include hiring, training, knowledge transfer, coaching, mentoring, succession planning, and budget management of IT Infrastructure functions.
Strong and current technical roots and knowledge all IT Infrastructure related areas.
Experience designing, developing, managing, and monitoring IT Infrastructure policy, programs, procedures, standards as well as adherence to existing Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
Five years’ combined experience managing projects and/or supervising personnel.
Experience in SAP Basis Administration required
Clear understanding and record of ensuring customer needs and requirements are met on time and on-budget. Demonstrated experience in improving an IT department’s Net Promoter Score (NPS) would be a plus.
Excellent communication (verbal, written and technical translation) skills.
Outstanding and well developed negotiation skills.
- Outstanding and well refined analytical skills.
Knowledge and experience with SAP Hana and VMware are highly preferred.
We offer an excellent compensation package which includes:
competitive salary including additional performance based compensation, Health/Life/Dental/Vision, 401(k)
As the 3rd largest distributor in this industry, our customers cover the eastern half of the United States, and are supplied from our eight regional distribution centers. Over 120 years in operation, we continue as a family owned and operated company with rich tradition and a fun loving environment, which are still the cornerstones of our success.
At Eby-Brown people make the difference.