Eby-Brown Company, LLC, one of the largest suppliers in the convenience distribution industry, is seeking strong candidates for a Risk and Claims Manager at its corporate office located in Naperville, IL. The Risk and Claims Manager is responsible for daily management of various aspects of risk management. Position is responsible for all non-employee benefit insurance-related issues, including claims management for all plant locations, marketing the business to carriers utilizing insurance brokers including preparing all annual applications, as well as reducing costs through proactive risk management in tandem with Loss Prevention & Safety teams.
- Manage 300 plus claims per year to minimize costs and return to work delays.
- Coordinate with carrier claims adjusters, human resource managers, employees, legal, and other claimants to minimize claim costs daily.
- Coordinate quarterly claims reviews with human resources, senior risk management, loss prevention/safety, and claims consultants.
- Collaborate with carriers, human resources, loss preventions/safety, and plant personnel to reduce claims frequency and severity.
- Create and publish monthly and quarterly key performance indicators (KPIs) on claims metrics.
- Coordinate annual renewal submission for all property, casualty, umbrella, and finpro lines.
- Work with insurance broker on annual renewal strategy and marketing.
- Work with sales and procurement to limit liability in sales contracts, vendor agreements, and various marketing processes.
- Prepare annual budgets for all premiums.
- Manage hourly support resources
- Manage certificate of insurance process.
- Manage the MVR process for non-CDL drivers including approval for driving company vehicles or participation in vehicle reimbursement program.
- Responsible for ensuring governmental compliance in the areas of environmental, food supply registration, and DEA registration
We offer an excellent compensation package which includes:
competitive salary including additional performance based compensation, Health/Life/Dental/Vision, 401(k)
As the 3rd largest distributor in this industry, our customers cover the eastern half of the United States, and are supplied from our six regional distribution centers. Over 120 years in operation, we continue as a family owned and operated company with rich tradition and a fun loving environment, which are still the cornerstones of our success.
At Eby-Brown people make the difference.