Eby-Brown Company, one of the largest suppliers in the convenience distribution industry, is seeking strong candidates for a Financial Planning Analyst at its corporate office located in Naperville, IL.
The Financial Planning Analyst (FPA) is responsible for the timely and accurate financial reporting and analyses on a monthly basis. The position will work on various financial planning and analysis tasks, including management reporting, strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, and other analysis as needed. The FPA reports to the Budget Manager.
Monthly or other periodic duties and responsibilities include:
- Prepares and analyzes operational & performance metrics, financial reports and general manager reporting packages, include P&L schedules and graphs, detailed gross profit and operating expense schedules and variance analyses.
- Supports the preparation and consolidation of the annual budget, and other financial forecasts.
- Supports preparing various ad-hoc analytical schedules, as needed.
- Communicates with members outside of the immediate finance department throughout the year.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required
- 1-3 years of relevant financial experience, preferably in a transportation/distribution/manufacturing environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: specifically with Microsoft Excel required, including functions such as Pivot Tables, graphs, charts and VLOOKUP.
- Familiar with Profit and Loss Income statements.
- Experience with SAP software a plus.
- Understands not only how to produce reports but analyze them as well.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems, work with minimum of supervision and is detailed oriented
We offer an excellent compensation package which includes:
competitive salary including additional performance based compensation, Health/Life/Dental/Vision, 401(k)
As the 3rd largest distributor in this industry, our customers cover the eastern half of the United States, and are supplied from our six regional distribution centers. Over 120 years in operation, we continue as a family owned and operated company with rich tradition and a fun loving environment, which are still the cornerstones of our success.
At Eby-Brown people make the difference.