Eby-Brown Company, one of the largest suppliers in the convenience distribution industry, is seeking strong candidates for a Staff Accountant at its corporate office located in Naperville, IL.
This Staff Accountant position is responsible for analysis and reconciliation of the company’s inbound freight income. The Staff Accountant will work with the company’s internal freight department and a 3rd party redistribution center to accurately record the inbound freight income and expenses on a monthly basis. This position is ultimately responsible for preparing an income statement for the inbound freight function and the 3rd party redistribution center. The position is also responsible for various balance sheet account reconciliations and benchmarking analysis for various expense accounts. The position will also prepare various schedules for the year-end audit and bank audits.
Essential duties are:
- Tracks, reconciles, and prepares inbound freight income statement monthly.
- Reconciles 3rd party redistribution center inventory on a daily basis.
- Ensures account analysis and plant benchmarking analysis is performed monthly.
- Reviews various inventory pricing on a monthly basis to assist with gross profit reporting requirements.
- Ensures audit preparation is performed annually.
- Special projects from controller.
- BS Degree in Accounting and 2-4 years relevant experience.
- Experience with SAP software a plus.
- knowledge of Accounting software
- SAP experience prefered
- Well developed written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: specifically with Microsoft Excel, including functions such as Pivot Tables and VLookup.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, sometimes stressful environment while producing timely and accurate results.
- Ability to solve problems and work with minimum of supervision
We offer an excellent compensation package which includes:
competitive salary including additional performance based compensation, Health/Life/Dental/Vision, 401(k)
As the 3rd largest distributor in this industry, our customers cover the eastern half of the United States, and are supplied from our six regional distribution centers. Over 120 years in operation, we continue as a family owned and operated company with rich tradition and a fun loving environment, which are still the cornerstones of our success.
At Eby-Brown people make the difference.