Abiomed, an innovative medical device company, is focused on recovering hearts and saving lives. We have a single guiding mission: “Patients First.” With corporate headquarters in Danvers, Massachusetts, offices in Aachen & Berlin, Germany and Tokyo, Japan, Abiomed’s 1,000 employees form one of the fastest growing medical technology companies in the world. Abiomed attracts and retains exceptional talent with our collaborative culture, passion for our work, and a strong commitment to employee professional development.
The Field Reimbursement Manager (m/w) is responsible for strategic & continual development of reimbursement programs and tools for Abiomed’s hospital clients and field based teams within DACH region. He/She will lead the analysis of key customer needs including coding (i.e. OPS, ICD-10, DRG), claims denials, procedural documentation, and quarterly business reviews with hospital (and physician group) reimbursement teams. Moreover, the position holder will provide customer support in preparing and executing budget negotiation with health care insurances.
- Work directly with hospitals to evaluate reimbursement activities and overall financial environment relating to their Impella, LVAD or other heart supportive technologies.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for sales and clinical teams with reimbursement questions and issues in addition to training programs.
- Manage relationships with private Insurance service carriers to optimize reimbursement environment and coverage for Abiomed technology.
- Develop effective communication materials that clearly explain reimbursement procedures and options to customers and the Abiomed Internal team
- Develop tracking, reporting, and analysis systems for internal reimbursement programs such as new initiatives, training, and problem reports.
- Evaluate SHI-data to develop & support business development programs
- Work directly with regional and national Health & Human Services and/or health insurances to address hospital reimbursement issues including rates and local coverage decisions.
- Participation in scientific conferences, congresses and trade fairs as well as European and Global Sales Meetings
- Participation in reginal and national medical devices association groups
- BS Degree in related field, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a hospital or SHI environment
- Experience in hospital budgeting processes, preferable with relation to the field of medical devices (budget and Zusatzentgelt-negotiations) and if possible with the introduction of new and novel technologies (NUB-Verhandlungen)
- Knowledge of Healthcare industry and the country’s reimbursement policies
- Business-fluent in German and English
- Willingness to travel (50% within region)
ABIOMED is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or national origin.