Hydro One is committed to supporting First Nations, Métis and Inuit students who are interested in pursuing careers within the electricity sector. In 2011, Hydro One established the First Nations, Métis and Inuit Scholarship which was renamed the Leonard S. (Tony) Mandamin Scholarship in 2014. The scholarship is granted annually to students studying electricity industry related disciplines at a recognized university or community college. Scholarship recipients also have the opportunity to apply for a paid developmental work term with Hydro One.
- Up to 15 scholarships are available annually to First Nations, Métis and Inuit students attending an Ontario university or college or out of province.
- The scholarship value is $5,000 for both college and university students
- Opportunity to apply to a paid developmental work term with Hydro One
- Students must in an undergraduate program in one of the following areas: Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or Engineering Technology, Computer Science, Forestry, Business, Information Technology, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science/Studies – or a combination of these programs
- Not receiving more than one other scholarships of equal or greater value during application
- Be legally eligible to work in Canada upon graduation
- Is an Ontario resident
All applicants should:
- Be in good academic standing
- Have demonstrated leadership skills
- Have demonstrated involvement in extra-curricular activities either on-campus or within the community, including volunteer work
- Have strong oral and written communication skills
Applicants must include a copy of their unofficial transcripts and updated resume along with their application. Applicants should also include proof of Aboriginal ancestry (i.e. Status, Treaty, Métis Membership or Nunavut Certificate Card) and proof of Ontario residence.
Selection of Winners
Following the application deadline (October 1, 2017) the applications are reviewed by Hydro One’s First Nations and Métis Relations group in conjunction with Hydro One’s People & Culture group. The top candidates are short-listed for an interview. The interview candidates are then ranked based on their interview scores and the top candidates are chosen as the winners.
Hydro One will arrange an awards luncheon for the award winners and their 2 invited guests where the monetary award will be presented.
Work term with Hydro One
In addition to the financial award, the winners have an opportunity to apply to a paid position performing career-related work with Hydro One.
If you share our passion for safety, our customer service focus, and are ready to play a lead role in building a bright future, we would love to hear from you!
Hydro One is an enthusiastic equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is a paid position.
Deadline: October 1, 2017