Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of 2018-2019: IT Full Time - GMiS Conference
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy. To differentiate Chevron’s performance to meet the world’s complex energy challenges, we require rapid application adoption, development, and deployment of technology, especially in information technology.
To learn more, visit the Chevron Careers Website at http://careers.chevron.com.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Technology Professional – Full Time with potential locations in: Houston, TX; San Francisco Bay Area, CA, Covington, LA, Midland, TX, and Bakersfield, CA through September 30, 2018.
POSITIONS FOR ENTRY LEVEL TECHNOLOGY PROFESSIONALS
Chevron develops and deploys technology solutions that drive business growth and support our global operations. We differentiate ourselves through the application of technology, taking an approach that includes in-house technical expertise, exclusive solutions and strategic partnerships.
As a Full-Time Technology Professional, you will have the opportunity to design, build, implement and support digital technology solutions to enable our core business needs. As you help move us forward in these areas, you’ll be supported by a value-driven culture that makes a priority of employee safety, cultural diversity, skills development, ethical standards, social responsibility and environmental protection – and fostering the growth of every individual employee. Our IT organization delivers and supports business solutions for our rapidly changing global industry.
A career at Chevron offers you the opportunity to work in a leading-edge computing environment with a global reach. We invest in our people and encourage professional and personal development by creating a work environment full of opportunities to enhance and extend your skills and knowledge. You’ll be supported by mentoring programs and employee networks, as well as rewarded with competitive pay, cash incentives and flexible benefit programs, and most importantly have fun!
Course of Study and Degrees
We are interested in a wide range of Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees such as:
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Data Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Systems Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Earth Science
- Operations Research
- Computation & Applied Mathematics
- Management Information Systems
Key Job Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Being a part of Chevron’s college hire Development Program, Horizons:
- A key part of the Horizons Program is three job assignments that provide a wide range of experiences and learning opportunities.
- Three different assignments in five years.
- Each assignment is between 18-24 months.
- Targeted rotation plans that align competency development, business needs, and your interests.
Career Track Opportunities:
- Software Engineering
- Information Security
- Data Science / Analytics
- Engineering & Scientific Applications
- ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) Systems
General IT Opportunities:
- Business Analysis
- Infrastructure Systems
- Information Management
- Data Management
• Must be currently enrolled in a four-year college or university and classified as a senior or graduate student with anticipation of receiving a Bachelor or Master’s Degree by July 2019 OR college graduates with less than two years’ experience since receiving their degrees.
• Strong technical skills with interest in applying technology to improve business outcomes;
• Ability to write code/scripting;
• We prefer a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0;
• Student must have awareness of information technology’s current and emerging trends and direction;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Geographic mobility is a plus;
• School, work experiences or exposure in the following areas is a plus:
- Cloud (Private or Public)
- Data Science
- Data modeling
Must provide a current, unofficial transcript with online resume (as proof of good academic standing) when applying for this position to be considered.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.